19.10.16 – Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics
World’s most influential fabrics and accessories show
From 11 to 13 October, nearly 4,600 exhibitors from 29 countries and regions featured an all-encompassing selection of products across 10 halls in the National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai).
“After 22 years of development, Intertextile Shanghai has become the world’s most comprehensive trade and communication platform for the textile industry, providing an unrivalled range of fabrics & accessories and establishing its leading status in the industry,” Ms Wendy Wen, Senior General Manager of Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd said.
The International Halls hosted over 1,100 exhibitors. The ever-popular Salon Europe featured the finest European-made products in the France, Germany, Turkey and Milano Unica Pavilions, as well as from individual exhibitors from the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland and the UK. The Asian line-up was just as strong, with returning pavilions from India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Thailand, plus the brand new Hong Kong Pavilion showcased some of the most popular and innovative products in the Asian market. Meanwhile, cutting-edge and creative textile materials and fabrics could be founded in seven Group Pavilions organised by the industry’s leading firms and associations including DuPont, Hyosung, Invista, Lenzing and Oeko-Tex, as well as the Korea Textile Trade Association (KTTA) and the Korea Chemical Fibers Association (KCFA).Designed to fulfil specific market demands, six distinctive product zones gathered the top suppliers from different industry sectors to offer a wide range of high-quality sourcing options. These areas included:
– Accessories Vision (hall 4.1): over 500 international and domestic exhibitors presented the latest fashion and garment accessories. An Accessories Trend Forum were also included to display the next seasons’ fashion accessories under three domestic trend themes
– All About Sustainability (hall 5.2)
– Beyond Denim (hall 7.2) with over 170 exhibitors
– Functional Lab (hall 5.2): the returning Invista Pavilion, the debut Taiwan Pavilion, plus exhibitors from China, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan and Korea presented some of the world’s most advanced fabrics with various functions such as thermo-regulation, moisture wicking, increased durability, elasticity, windproof and more
– Premium Wool Zone (hall 6.2)
– Verve for Design (hall 6.2) with well-known design studios from Australia, France, Italy, Japan, Korea, Russia, Switzerland, Thailand and the UK